digitaltempest

Lois McMaster Bujold
Batman: The Night of the Owls
Nightwing, Vol. 2: Night of the Owls
Kyle Higgins, Eddy Barrows, Ruy Jose
Short Straw Bride - Dallas Schulze Harlequin (Historical) romance. When Daniel McClain (Luke's younger brother) decides they need a woman's touch around the house, Daniel and Luke pull straws to see who's going to get a bride. Luke pulled the short straw. Then, Luke starts the search for the "perfect" bride by attending church. There he meets Eleanor who isn't a beauty, by her own perception of course, but she's just what Luke is looking for.

Eleanor is living with aunt, uncle, and her snooty, beautiful cousin, and she's more than glad to get out the house when Luke comes a'calling. Think Cinderella. When she finds out that she's a short-straw bride, well, things aren't too pretty after that.

I rarely read these type of romance books these days. That's a phase that I've moved beyond in my life. I didn't even know this was a Harlequin book until I was looking up the ASIN at Amazon.com. It doesn't read like your typical Harlequin book, and my edition has no indication on the cover that it is a Harlequin romance.

This wasn't a bad book. Like most romance that's written these days, there wasn't a lot of substance to it, but it was sweet and very cute. It's something to read on a boring day or if you're looking for something that's not too "deep".